Despite advancements in dental care, many Americans still lose their teeth due to tooth decay, injuries, and dental infections. Over a long time, dental bridges and dentures have solved missing teeth. Thankfully, more advancements have come up, and implants are available to serve the purpose of your natural teeth. If you have missing teeth and would like to have a beautiful smile to regain your self-esteem or eat like normal, you should see a specialist of dental implants in Beaumont at Beaumont Cherry Valley Dental. The specialists here aim to restore your looks and jaw structure.
Why Should I Have Dental Implants?
Many people are beginning to realize that dental implants are essential. Not only for being comfortable to wear, easy to maintain, and non-removable while eating or sleeping, it is also due to several other reasons such as:
- Dental implants are permanent because they connect to the bones and feel like natural teeth improving your appearance.
- When dentures are not placed correctly, they can slip while you are talking, thus making your speech poor. Conversely, implants fit perfectly to your bone, you can therefore speak without slips which improve your speech.
- Dental implants are not bothersome in visiting the doctor for replacement because they last for many years.
- Dental implants make you have a pleasant experience during meals because they fuse with the bones and act like your natural teeth; this makes it different from dentures that can slide while eating.
- Dental implants improve your oral health since the neighboring teeth are not interfered with in supporting the implant, thus maintaining the natural teeth’ strength and enhancing better oral health for a longer period.
Am I Eligible for Dental Implants?
Before going for dental implants, it is crucial to know whether you are the right candidate. There are several considerations your doctor should take into account.
A dental implant joins your bone; therefore, you should have enough bone density in your jaws to allow the fusion.
Putting dental implants is a surgical procedure; therefore, you should have no health issues. If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, a smoker, or a heavy drinker, you are not eligible.
You are also not eligible if you have any disease that affects the gums. Dental implants need strong and healthy gums for attachment.
You are also not eligible if you are fond of clenching your teeth. This is because you may damage the implant; if this is the case, you should talk to your doctor so that they may advise you about night guard or any other options that suit your needs.
If you are considering receiving dental implants, but you are not sure, talk to your doctor about the advantages and the disadvantages of the procedure. Be open and tell your doctor about any medical conditions you have and what you prefer. Talk to your doctor about any option you decide on, always practice good oral hygiene, and go in for regular checkups with your dentist since ensuring better oral health promotes your body’s overall health.