Quite often, people take a visit to a dentist only when there is free time. The only time that you may consider a visit to a dentist to be a priority maybe when you have a nerve-wracking toothache. However, this should not be the case since regular visits to a dentist can help avoid a dental emergency due to gum disease. It pays to invest in your oral health to help maintain a beautiful smile even as age catches up with you. If you are looking to find the best Tarzana laser gum surgery center, do not go further than AROUND THE CORNER DENTAL HEALTH SPA. Our team of specialists, led by Dr. Kaveh Kanani, is ready to guide you every step of the way using modern technology with our combined years of experience.
How Periodontists Deal with Pain from Gum Disease
The buildup of food particles between the teeth attracts bacteria, which can cause gum disease. During the initial stages of gingivitis, you may have:
- Bleeding gums
- Red gums
- Bad breath
- Swollen gums
- Gum and tooth sensitivity
If you fail to seek immediate medical intervention, gum disease can accelerate and lead to serious problems including gum recession, tooth decay and loss, and infection to the jawbone. Gum disease has been associated with other conditions such as cancer, stroke, and heart attack.
How Does Laser Gum Disease Treatment Work?
Laser-Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) is a pain-free, minimally invasive gum treatment method. Dr. Kaveh Kanani uses the laser to identify and remove the gum tissue that has been affected by the disease. Laser heat is then used to form a clot and cauterize the diseased area. After some time, new gum tissue grows to fill the void left after the removal of the diseased gum. Below are the benefits of LANAP® laser treatment:
- Helps avoid gum recession: Gum recession is an early sign of the development of gum disease. LANAP treatment helps to deal with gum recession proactively.
- Fast recovery period: Since the LANAP procedure is minimally invasive, there will be less discomfort during surgery, and you will take less time to recover after treatment.
- Less pain during treatment: Traditional treatment methods for periodontal diseases were painful since they involved surgery and sutures. However, when using the LANAP laser procedure, there is no incision or resulting pain.
- Reduce bleeding: Traditional gum treatment methods can cause bleeding, but LANAP’s precise lasers help minimize this risk. The use of LANAP also ensures minimal damage to the surrounding healthy tissues.
- Enjoy lasting results: LANAP procedure provides you with long-lasting results since it uses advanced technology.
If you are suffering from gum disease, AROUND THE CORNER DENTAL HEALTH SPA has a solution. Our experience has taught us that attending to gum disease in its initial stages can have a significant effect on the efficacy of your dental treatment plan. Visit us today to learn more about LANAP laser treatment.