Laser skin tightening is a modern technology that firms your skin and improves the appearance of cellulite, wrinkles, and fine lines. If you plan on getting Fort Worth skin tightening, it may be a good option. Before getting the treatment, keep these guidelines in mind to improve your results and make the process smooth.
- Proper grooming is important as it will improve your confidence during the process. Take a shower, but do not put on any creams, oils, or fragrance. Ensure that the treatment area is clean and shaved
- Avoid using products that could trigger photosensitivity. Some of them include; benzoyl peroxide, hydroxyl acids, and retinol. Instead, use gentle oils and soap.
- Before getting laser skin tightening, do not get chemical peels, microdermabrasion, dermal filler, or Botox injections. If you have had any of the treatments in the past 14 days, you may not be eligible for laser skin tightening.
- Stay away from the sun. If you need to be out, use a broad-spectrum SPF sunscreen. Ideally, it should be SPF 30 or higher. Wear sunscreen even when it isn’t hot outside.
- Avoid UV tanning beds for at least two weeks before your laser skin tightening procedure.
- If you receive medication during the consultation process, take them appropriately.
What Should You Expect During the Treatment?
In your initial consultation, your doctor will discuss the procedure with you. They will try to determine if you are an eligible candidate for the procedure. They will ask about your health history and medication that you are taking.
They will discuss the results you hope to achieve and the areas you want to treat.
On the date of treatment, they will clean the area and ask you to put on protective eyewear. Parts of your body that are not to be treated will remain covered during the treatment.
You may need up to five treatments before getting the results you desire.
After the Treatment?
After the laser skin tightening procedure, you may experience some swelling or redness in the treatment area. It goes on for a few days and may be uncomfortable. The swelling feels like a sunburn and can be treated with some aloe vera or over-the-counter medication.
Poor post-treatment care could lead to scarring. One of the best ways to care for your skin is by limiting sun exposure and heat on the treated area. Avoid working out and heat treatments such as saunas and hot tubs for at least 24 hours.
If you experience any challenges during the recovery period, speak with your doctor as soon as possible.
Laser skin tightening is a great option for all parts of your body. Even though it is mostly used on the face, it is also effective on your legs, face, chest, and neck. Some of its benefits include smoother skin, getting rid of acne scars, and skin firming. You may need four to six treatments depending on the effect you want. If you need help before or after the treatment, contact your doctor for their help.