Dental implants involve a series of oral techniques that dentists use to restore your lost teeth. Losing your teeth is not something abnormal, but you can suffer oral complications afterward. There are several types of dental implants available in the dentist’s office to restore your lost teeth. Some of the dental implant techniques include Endosteal, zygomatic, subperiosteal, bridges, and all-in-4. Dental implants make use of artificial roots made from titanium metal and crowns made from ceramic. Screw-like roots or metal frames are fused inside your jawbone to support the crowns. For successful dental implants, Orlando implant specialist is the best and can take you through the procedures. Below are the benefits of dental implants.
The top six benefits of dental implants
According to oral specialists, dental implants have both health and cosmetic benefits. Dental implants are considered free from side effects after the procedure. Benefits of dental implants include:
- Helps to prevent bone loss. When you lose your teeth, your jawbone starts to shrink in size. This process is called bone loss. When your jaws change shape, your natural mouth appearance disappears. To prevent bone loss, dental implants are the only option.
- Enables speech. According to specialists, your teeth play a significant role when you talk. Your teeth help you to pronounce some words the way they are supposed to be pronounced. When you suffer tooth loss, you are not able to speak correctly. Since dental implants act like your natural teeth, you are capable of helping you speak correctly.
- Dental implants are free from cavities and decay. The material of the artificial teeth cannot decay. However, it is vital to keep them clean to prevent gum diseases. Moreover, you cannot suffer from root canal diseases since the roots are made from metal.
- Matches your natural teeth. Dental implants come in different sizes and shapes. Before undergoing the implant procedure, your dentist will measure the space between where your teeth were embedded to know the size of your crown. After the implants, the artificial teeth will resemble your original teeth.
- Restores the bite. When you suffer teeth loss, you are not capable of biting hard foods such as apples or carrots. Since artificial teeth are anchored in the jawbone using titanium posts, you can bite hard foods without any complication. Bite force helps to improve the healthiness of the gum and jawbones.
- Easy to care. Artificial teeth do not require special care, such as special toothbrushes, adhesives, and toothpaste. It’s easy to clean them since they are like your natural teeth. You only need toothpaste and a toothbrush to keep them clean and tidy. The only disadvantage with artificial teeth is, you cannot undergo teeth whitening.
Dental implants require a specialist dentist to perform for them to look appealing. Artificial teeth have helped many people, especially the aged, restore their ability to eat and chew. If you need dental implants today, consult Orlando Center For Cosmetic Dentistry. They are the best.